Energy Rating Reports and Energy Assessments Australia Wide
At NRG Efficient Homes, we provide energy assessments and residential energy rating reports for properties in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast and throughout Australia.
We are a nationally accredited company under the Building Design Association of Victoria (BDAV). We use the latest First Rate 5 NatHERS accredited software to provide the best possible service and information to our clients.
With energy efficiency becoming increasingly important for buildings and design, and the technology and regulation around the sector rapidly changing, we are continually training and gathering information to ensure we remain up to date with the newest technologies and processes.
At NRG Efficient Homes, we are an accredited energy rater working throughout Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and across Australia. Our energy rating consultants can provide assessments of your home based on the plans and construction details, determining the star rating using NatHers accredited software.
Our qualified environmentally sustainable design (ESD) consultants can then work with you to enhance the energy efficiency and sustainability of your design.
6 Star Energy Ratings
The Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme (NatHERS) assessments are the most common way to meet the minimum energy efficiency requirements of the National Construction Code (NCC).
From May 2012, the 6-star rating became a requirement for homes across all states and territories (excluding NSW, which has its own avenue of compliance via Basix).
A 6-star energy rating is now the minimum standard for new properties. This rating indicates a good, but not outstanding, thermal performance. A 6-star dwelling can reduce heating and cooling loads by up to 70% meaning long-term savings for homeowners.
A mandatory disclosure is also soon to come in, meaning that sellers will be required to provide an up to date energy certificate when selling their house (no matter how old or new). This will provide buyers with information regarding a dwelling’s energy efficiency.
Request a Quote
Benefits of a 6-star home
- Energy savings – the home is more efficient to heat and cool
- Household savings – reduced reliance on heating and cooling systems
- An improved indoor air quality and a reduction in temperature fluctuations
- Increased home resale value
- Reduction in carbon footprint
Achieving a 6-star energy rating report in your home is not difficult or expensive if planned out at the design stage.
Here are some key factors that affect energy efficiency:
- The orientation of the home on the block
- Home size – the larger the home, the harder it is to higher star ratings
- Placing non-living areas (e.g. laundry, garage, bathrooms) to the west
- Placing main living rooms to the north
- Increased ceiling insulation
- Wall cavity insulation
- Insulating timber floors
- Double or triple glazing and window tinting
- Introducing thermal mass (e.g. exposed concrete floors, reverse brick veneer) for colder climates
- Use ceiling fans
- Identify areas that can be zoned or closed off
- Weather seal doors, windows, vents and exhaust fans
If you would like to find out more about getting a residential energy rating or energy assessment, contact us today. Whether you’re in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or anywhere else in Australia, we provide comprehensive energy consulting and compliance services for homes and businesses across the country.
Our team can also provide Section-J reports, commercial energy ratings and energy assessments for non-residential buildings. Whether you’re in the Sunshine Coast or Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney, or anywhere else in Australia, contact the team at NRG Efficient Homes today. Give us a call on 1800 434 110 or contact us online.