NABERS is the National Australian Built Environment Rating System.
NABERS is a performance based rating system for existing buildings that rates a building on the basis of its historical measured operational impacts on the environment.
If you’re selling, leasing or sub-letting office space of more than 1,000 square metres, it’s mandatory you have a current Building Energy Efficiency Certificate (BEEC) and a current NABERS Energy rating.
Your office building and tenancy has the potential to cut costs, improve efficiency and enhance its corporate reputation. All you need to do is develop a sustainability strategy based on less consumption and more efficiency.
A NABERS rating can help you achieve these significant savings by providing you with an accurate environmental performance rating.
This will quickly identify how and where you’re using energy and water and where you’re generating the most waste. And as a result, you’ll be able to target ways to save money and reduce your building’s footprint.
Further info. https://www.nabers.gov.au
A BEEC discloses the following information to potential buyers and tenants of commercial buildings.
Assessments are performed and ready for submission within 5-10 working days from receiving all the required documentation. The steps and timings for each step are as follows:
- Client approval and required building documentation is given to NRG to commence the job
- The preliminary assessment is undertaken (2-4 days)
- Site visit (1 day)
- Assessment is finalised and NABHERS assessment is submitted to the Office of Environment and Heritage and the Tenant Lighting Assessment is submitted to Commercial Building Disclosure (3-5 days)
- Office of Environment and Heritage approves the NABERS rating while simultaneously Commercial Building Disclosure approves the Tenant Lighting Assessment (2-5 days)
- Commercial Building Disclosure then combines the NABERS rating and Tenant Lighting Assessment to create a BEEC (Building Energy Efficiency Certificate) (2-5 days)
- The Official BEEC is completed and ready for advertising.